The McLean Citizens Association (MCA) invites area residents to attend a public-safety forum Nov. 15 at 7 p.m. at the McLean Community Center, 1234 Ingleside Ave.
The guest speakers will be Capt. Carolyn Kinney, commander of the McLean District Police Station; Lt. William Arnest, the station’s assistant commander; and Master Police Officer Carolyn Beyer, the station’s crime-prevention officer.
The speakers will present information and answer questions about crime and other public-safety topics, with a focus on greater McLean, such as:
- Property and other crime trends through fall 2023, including calls for service, arrests, county-level policies, prosecutions and the role of police.
- McLean District Station authorized positions and vacancies, including positions filled by current and recent Criminal Justice Academy cadets.
- Home-security and vehicle-crime-prevention advice.
- Flock camera leases to law-enforcement agencies and neighborhoods.
- Real-time crime and safety updates using the Ring Neighbors application.
The meeting will be an opportunity for resident to discuss issues and concerns affecting their neighborhoods.